WASHINGTON (April 22, 2015) – The McCain Institute for International Leadership at Arizona State University announced today that former British Prime Minister Tony Blair will participate in a conversation with U.S. Senator John McCain (R-AZ) at The Sedona Forum on Friday, April 24, 2015 in Sedona, Arizona.
The Sedona Forum is The McCain Institute’s annual meeting of national and international leaders, who gather to discuss approaches and solutions to real-world problems – grounded in the principles of character-driven leadership and democratic values.
“The McCain Institute is a leading voice for making freedom and democracy the centerpiece of national security and international policy, and The Sedona Forum has evolved as a premier venue for the best minds from government, business, academia and civil society to come together to discuss those principles and debate a wide range of global issues,” ASU President Dr. Michael Crow said.
“I am very pleased that my friend Tony Blair will join us at The Sedona Forum this year,” said Senator McCain. “His insights on leadership and world affairs in a time of unprecedented global challenges will add greatly to the important discussions we will have at the Forum.”
This year’s Forum will focus on the strategy of the United States and the world’s democratic community in navigating an unprecedented range of global crises. From the violence of ISIS and the civil unrest in the Middle East to Russian aggression in Eastern Europe to an increasingly assertive China, the democratic nations of the world face extraordinary challenges – economically, politically, militarily and ideologically.
In addition to Prime Minister Blair, Senator McCain and ASU President Crow, speakers at The Sedona Forum 2015 will include:
- Ambassador Adel al-Jubeir, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United States
- Falah Mustafa Bakir, Foreign Minister of the Kurdish Regional Government of Iraq
- U.S. Sen. Cory Booker
- Bill Burns, former Deputy Secretary of State
- U.S. Sen. Bob Corker
- Shane Doan, Arizona Coyotes
- Arizona Governor Doug Ducey
- Larry Fitzgerald, Arizona Cardinals
- U.S. Sen. Heidi Heitkamp
- Elizabeth Holmes, Founder and CEO, Theranos
- Jeff Immelt, Chairman and CEO of GE, and McCain Institute Board Member
- Mikhail Kasyanov, former Prime Minister of Russia
- Demi Moore, Co-Founder, Thorn
- Elon Musk, CEO, SpaceX and Tesla Motors
- GEN David Petraeus, Ret., USA, former Director of the CIA
- U.S. Rep. Matt Salmon
- U.S. Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse
- U.S. and international policy experts and officials
- Prominent civil society, women’s rights and democracy activists
Registration for this invitation-only, closed-press event is full.